London Nova Festival exhibit’s sign removed over fears of antisemitic crimes

URL has been copied successfully!

The main sign of the Nova Music Festival Exhibition in London has been removed at the request of London police following concerns over the potential for antisemitism and terrorism. The festival organizers confirmed this to The Jerusalem Post on Sunday.

For the first time on its international tour, the Nova Festival Exhibition will be showcased in the UK for six weeks from 20 May to 5 July. It has previously been shown in New York City, Los Angeles, Buenos Aires, Miami, Toronto, and Washington, D.C., where it collectively brought over half a million visitors.

The Nova Exhibition describes itself as an in-depth remembrance of the brutal massacre at The Nova Music Festival on October 7th, 2023. It intends to serve as both a memorial and a call to remembrance. It uses original staging, burnt-out vehicles, and personal items to recreate the scene. It also features first-hand witness phone footage from the day, bullet-riddled structures, porta-loos, and survivor testimonies.

The London exhibition’s main sign, installed in the area in recent days as part of preparations for the official opening this week, was removed at the request of London’s Metropolitan police due to concerns about antisemitic incidents, public disorder, and protests ahead of the exhibition’s opening.

According to sources familiar with the matter, London police sought to minimize any early exposure of the exhibition’s exact location, out of concern that attempts could be made to organize extreme protests or security incidents around the site before it officially opens to the public. 

The exhibition’s location is being kept strictly confidential

As a result, it was decided that the sign would only be reinstalled on the official opening day later this week, the organizers told the Post.

At this stage, the exhibition’s location is being kept strictly confidential and has not yet been officially disclosed to the general public. 

The decision was made as part of an unprecedented security operation being led by London police in cooperation with various security agencies and the Nova exhibition organizers in the city. Police officials responsible for counterterrorism are said to be working in full coordination with the exhibition organizers and are preparing for a range of scenarios, including terrorism threats, hostile attacks, and attempts to disrupt the event.

Police will deploy both visible and undercover officers around the exhibition site and access routes, alongside advanced technological systems designed to detect threats in real time and prevent harm to visitors.

The exhibition has generated significant international interest and is expected to attract thousands of visitors.

The Post reached out to the Met for clarification. 

Please follow us:
Follow by Email
X (Twitter)
Whatsapp
LinkedIn
Copy link

This post was originally published on here